The Chemical Maze Shopping Companion – Bill Statham$16.95
Instantly identify dangerous food additives and cosmetics ingredients with ease.
The Chemical Maze book was written to make it simpler and easier to recognize food additives and cosmetic ingredients having the potential to cause discomfort and ill-health. With this recognition comes freedom of choice and for many a new lease on life.
- All you need to identify the Food Additives or Cosmetic Ingredients that can cause issues
- Share discovered information with your friends and families
- Search for food additives by name or INS Number
The ultimate Food Additives and Cosmetic Ingredients guide at your fingertips. Feature rich and full of essential information.
The Eat Real Food Cookbook – David Gillespie
For nearly ten years, David Gillespie has warned us of the dangers of sugar, and Australia has listened. More recently he has alerted us to the other toxin in our food supply: seed oil. Most processed food – from French fries to yoghurt to spreadable butter – contains one or both of these ingredients, so the question is: how do we eat real food?
This is an intensely practical book designed to solve an intensely practical problem. How to create high quality food – simply, inexpensively quickly and every day – that’s completely free of the twin evils of fructose (the dangerous part of sugar) and seed oils (the man-made fats recently added to our food supply).
Expanding on his 2015 bestseller Eat Real Food, David shows us how to:
– Identify and avoid sugar – and seed-oil-laden supermarket products
– Identify and shop for the healthy options
– Make the foods we normally buy in jars and packets – from mayonnaise to bread to tomato sauce
– Make simple, inexpensive daily meals the entire family will love
– Pack and plan for meals away from home
– Create healthier treats for all occasions, from kids' birthdays to cocktail parties
The Eat Real Food Cookbook is your guide to saying 'no' to the food the manufacturers want you to eat and 'yes' to the sort of food that will help you manage your weight and the long-term health of your family.
The Fat Revolution Cookbook – Christine Cronau
THE FAT REVOLUTION COOKBOOK is the perfect companion for The Fat Revolution. Christine turns conventional ‘wisdom’ upside down, with her fascinating facts. Find out what does make us fat and the simple solution. Never before have we had permission to indulge in our favourite foods—without adding to our waistline. A truly remarkable cookbook, which readers describe as intriguing, inspiring, refreshing and life-changing.
Over 80 recipes, all illustrated in full colour. Sugar free, gluten free, and guilt free!
Finally! We can say goodbye to the low-fat era, and enjoy indulgent full-fat recipes. Have your cake and eat it!
And it’s easy; most recipes can be prepared in 10 or 20 minutes.
The Fat Revolution Cookbook is the second edition of the bestselling Great Health is a Piece of Cake.
The Fat Revolution Cookbook includes:
- Ground-breaking information exposing common food myths
- Interesting facts, quotes, and stories throughout
- Over 80 recipes, each illustrated in full colour
- Healthy meals that are quick and easy to prepare
- Snack and lunch ideas, including French fries and corn chips
- Delicious sugar-free desserts, including chocolate! Real chocolate!
All recipes are gluten free, sugar free, and guilt free.
Join the fat revolution and enjoy your food—and your health!
The Fat Revolution – Christine Cronau
A mind-altering, myth-shattering exposé about diet and exercise myths.
Nutrition expert and health activist Christine Cronau tells us why reducing dietary fat actually makes us fat, sick and even depressed!
Discover the story behind the biggest scam of the 21st century. The Fat Revolution is a fascinating and controversial disclosure, debunking ‘conventional wisdom’ about what constitutes a healthy lifestyle and diet. This book is an invaluable look into what makes us fat and the real cause of heart disease.
Learn why fat can’t make you fat, exercise is unnecessary for weight-loss, saturated fat is NOT the demon it has been portrayed to be, and why, in fact, low-fat diets are fattening.
The Fat Revolution includes the following:
- Why the vilification of fat was the biggest health blunder in history
- The story behind how we came to such a mistaken consensus about fat and health
- How the ‘experts’ keep a dead hypothesis alive
- Why cholesterol is essential for health
- What to look for in cholesterol results, and why cholesterol becomes elevated—it is not the fat
- The real cause of heart disease
- Why we are ageing faster
- Why butter and coconut oil are super foods
- How you can have your cake and eat it—delicious alternatives to sugar
- Healthy children, and transitioning them to healthier eating
- What makes us fat
- Easy weight loss
- Sample weekly menu
- Why exercise is unecessary for weight loss
- Eleven other diet and exercise myths
Bring Back the Fat – Christine Cronau
Christine Cronau has a new book out and this time, it’s all about weight loss…and how to become a fat burning machine!
We’ve been told a low-fat, whole-grain based diet would keep us slim and healthy. Dieting, deprivation and hunger have become the norm, especially for women. Most women start dieting around age 14, and spend a life-time eating tasteless, boring food, being listless and tired, feeling flat and cranky, and missing out on the good things in life—all in the name of the seemingly unattainable perfect weight.
The truth is, we were told wrong! Dieting makes us fat! The good news is there is a secret to easy, sustainable weight loss and it is in this book!
Forget the hunger, the shakes, egg white omelettes, counting calories, and slaving away in the gym for hours on end…Turn your body into a fat burning machine by doing the opposite! You’ll be left wondering why in the world you didn’t know this earlier.
And telling all your friends why they need to…bring back the fat!
Bring Back the Fat is a complete weight loss manual, including:
- Why we got fat, and why it wasn’t our fault
- What to do about it
- Every thing you need to know about weight loss, including a step by step guide
- Meal plans and shopping list
- How to easily maintain that weight loss for life
- Biggest mistakes that can prevent weight loss
- And incredibly inspiring weight loss stories and transformations
That Sugar Guide – Damon Gameau
From the bestselling author of That Sugar Book, Damon Gameau.
On the back of the enormous success of That Sugar Film and That Sugar Book, Damon Gameau brings us That Sugar Guide, the book for the legion of fans who asked for a) more recipes and b) more ideas for weaning themselves and their families off the white stuff.
Working with his wife, Australian actor Zoe Tuckwell-Smith, Damon gives us 80 brand new recipes and the kind of advice that is easy for every family to integrate into their daily lives. The book is divided into two parts: a Bridging phase and a Consolidation phase, designed for quitting and then adjusting. The recipes are stupendously simple but seriously delicious, and every ingredient can be bought off the shelf of your local supermarket.
Sweet Poison – Why Sugar Makes us Fat – David Gillespie
David Gillespie was 40kg overweight, lethargic, sleep-deprived and the father of four, with twins on the way. He knew he needed to lose weight fast, but he had run out of diets – all had failed.
After doing some reading on evolution (why weren't our forebears fat?), David cut sugar – specifically fructose – from his diet. He immediately started to lose weight, and kept it off. Slim, trim and fired up, David set out to look at the connection between sugar, our soaring obesity rates and some of the more worrying diseases of the twenty-first century, and discovered some startling facts in the process.
- Sugar was once such a rare resource that nature decided we didn't need an off-switch – in other words, we can keep eating sugar without feeling full.
- In the space of 150 years, we have gone from eating no added sugar to more than a kilogram a week.
- You would need to run 7km every day of your life just to not put on weight as a result of eating that much sugar.
- Two decades ago 1 in 14 adult Australians were obese; that figure is now 1 in 5.
- The 'natural' sugar in one glass of unsweetened fruit juice per day for a year is enough to add just over 2.5kg your waistline.
- The more sugar we eat, the more we want. Food manufacturers exploit our sugar addiction by lacing it through 'non-sweet' products, such as bread, sauces, soups and cereals.
Sweet Poison exposes one of the great health scourges of our time and offers a wealth of practical and accessible information on how to avoid fructose, increase your enjoyment of food and lose weight.
That Sugar Book – Damon Gameau
When actor and filmmaker Damon Gameau met a girl he was keen to impress he decided to get healthy by dramatically reducing his sugar intake. In no time he was slimmer, calmer, fitter and happier. He was also very curious: why did the elimination of sugar have such beneficial effects on his health and wellbeing? He decided to experiment and film the results. He would eat 40 teaspoons of sugar a day for 60 days. Crucially, he would only consume perceived 'healthy' foods like muesli bars, breakfast cereals, low-fat yoghurts, juices and smoothies.
The results were staggering. Although his caloric intake was the same as his regular diet, he put on nearly 9 kilograms in 60 days. Within a couple of weeks, he had the beginnings of fatty liver disease. Doctors who monitored his health throughout warned him that he was on the road to obesity, diabetes and heart disease. His journey took him not just down a path to ill health, but to outback Australia and to the backblocks of the USA. He interviewed food manufacturers, health experts and large-scale consumers of the white stuff. He discovered that 80 per cent of products on our supermarket shelves contain sugar, and that 5.5 million Australians have fatty liver disease directly linked to their sugar consumption.
That Sugar Book follows Damon on his journey and blows the lid on how the food industries make and sell our food, and how they are complicit in, and indeed determined to, maintain the status quo on the world's alarming and health-destroying sugar consumption. In also contains sensible advice on kicking the habit, foods to avoid, how to shop, how to read labels and how to cook sugar-free food, with the help of over thirty delicious, nurturing and easily prepared recipes.
Fun, feisty and fired up, this book is set to change the eating habits of a generation.
- Body Care
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Bath & Shower
- Hands & Feet
- Sun Smart
- Rest & Relaxation
- Oral Care
- Men’s Grooming Products
- Feminine Hygiene
- Healthy Living
- Kids & Baby
- Eco Living
- What’s New
- Gift Ideas
- Brands A-K
- Brands L-Z